Sunday, October 28, 2007

Chased by a dog

This past week was probably the worst of my stay in Japan.

I walked into school on Monday not fully prepared for first period and the class bombed. I confused some poor kid when I tried to get him to do an activity and didn't explain it well. It was at that point that my JTE said to me, "You're weird. You're confusing them."

I was a bit upset that instead of trying to help, he decided to criticize. But in the end, it was my fault for not preparing enough for the class.

The rest of the week at school only improved slightly. The classes ended up being mediocre. I started to question my role in the school and whether or not it's actually making a difference. Maybe it's just homesickness kicking in, but I'm not sure.

The highlight of the week ended up being the grand opening of a supermarket 5 minutes walking distance from my house named Super Big. Ahh...the comforts of food. Nothing can beat that.

Saturday ended up being like another typical weekend with some interesting revelations, but to officially finish off an entire bad week, I was chased by a dog when I was wandering around a quiet neighborhood close to the supermarket. At first, I thought the dog was tied up and ignored the barks. Then 2 seconds later, I saw the dog charging at me at full speed. Being the intelligent person, I ran- fast! I haven't ran that fast in a long time. Getting chased by a dog is always a good way to end the week, right?


*Sigh*, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this coming week will be better.

2 comments:

deeb said...

Hey weeze, I had a homesick-ish week, too! Lucky for me it did not involve being chased by a dog. My week turned around by the end and talking to the fam was very helpful. Next weekend is a 3-day affair, Day of the Dead!

Hang in there!

Weezo said...

Thanks Della! Sounds like your weekend went well!